2005 Tacoma with V6, 6 speed manual & access cab

Folks:

I'm trying to find out if the new Tacoma will be sold configured with the following in a 2 wheel drive model. V6 6 speed manual access cab limited slip rear end 2 wheel drive

From Toyota's web site I'm not sure if manual tranny is an option on this truck. Prehaps its because its so new but local dealers don't seem quite sure -

Thanks -

Michael

Reply to
Michael W. Folsom

I went to the build your Toyota page here:

http://216.110.64.104/BuildYourToyota/step.asp?step=2 and was able to configure a Tacoma Xtracab PreRunner 4x2 V6, 6 speed manual and add the Vehicle Stability Control(VSC) + Traction -Control(Trac) W/Automatic Limited Slip Diff option for $800. This is in the Gulf States region (zip code 72114)

Reply to
Leonard

You need model number 7163, the 2WD "Pre Runner" V6 Access cab 6 speed manual. For the limited slip, you need one of the following option packages:

Sport Package PT or PY has mechanical limited slip diff.

Option VD is the stability and traction control with auto LSD.

Offroad package OC or OG includes the locking differential.

All of these are supposed to be available on the 7163 model.

Reply to
cheg

You need model number 7163, the 2WD "Pre Runner" V6 Access cab 6 speed manual. The model code is GRN265L-CRFDKA.

For the limited slip, you need one of the following option packages:

Sport Package PT or PY has mechanical limited slip diff. Option VD is the stability and traction control with auto LSD. Offroad package OC or OG includes the locking differential.

All of these are supposed to be available on the 7163 model.

Reply to
cheg

Thanks to everybody that replied -

Turns out that the reason its not available in New Mexico is based on how and when Toyota ships goodies to its dealers. I have found the exact truck I want in Dallas but its not in New Mexico or it appears its not even in Denver yet (we are in different regions).

Thanks again for the help -

Michael

Reply to
Michael W. Folsom