2006 Taco Soft Springs?

Hi,

I recently bought a new 2006 Tacoma TRD Off Road and I find the springs in the rear really soft. Now I do have a cap on the truck that might weigh a couple of hundred pounds tops. With no more than a couple of hundred pounds of gear, I notice it squatting a bit in the back. When I put the trailer on (tounge weight

Reply to
DP

Darryl, I have the same truck. IMO it's the Off Road TRD suspension makes the rear feel soft. I also have a shell on it, but I do not notice that it squats too much - even with a load of firewood. You might want to consider this product:

neighbor installed them on his truck to reduce the softness andsquatting - he is happy with this product's effect.Good luck, M.Paul

Reply to
M.Paul

Looking to tow a travel trailer with the same vehicle and was told to look into an "add-a-leaf" kit. Anyone familiar with these for a 06 Tacoma?

Reply to
Steve

You don't want them. Add-a-leaf springs are permanent, and not easily adjustable or removable. If you think the truck rides rough now when totally empty, stick a few extra springs in the stack and hold on to your fillings...

You either leave 1,000 pounds of sandbags in the back of the truck at all times, or start wearing a kidney belt when driving.

Air springs are the hot ticket, totally adjustable in seconds simply by varying the air pressure. Get the onboard compressor and dashboard control kit, and you can adjust them on the fly. And if you plumb them separately, you can adjust for off-center loading.

The website is only updated through the 04 model year for every car brand I checked, you'll have to call to make sure they will fit an 06.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Steve,

For a travel trailer, I would look at a weight distributing hitch. Not practical for my situation, but maybe yours...

Darryl

Steve wrote:

Reply to
DP