22r Air/fuel? Carb? Pump? BIG, maybe easy problem???HELP!!

I have a 1990 Toyota Pickup. It's been a great truck. In normal driveing the truck has always had a studder while going down the road at a steady speed. First start of the day, the truck takes a min to reach full low idle (have to press peddle to get the low idle most the time)

Reply to
jsmith93blazer

"jsmith93blazer" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... | I have a 1990 Toyota Pickup. It's been a great truck. In normal | driveing the truck has always had a studder while going down the road | at a steady speed. First start of the day, the truck takes a min to | reach full low idle (have to press peddle to get the low idle most the | time)

Reply to
Jarhead

It may be, as has been suggested, that the "bottoming out" broke something loose in the exhaust and you now have a blockage. I'd look for disintegration within the catalytic converter. They rot out internally after years of use and a sharp blow might dislodge a bunch of crud. There is likely a screen at the outlet of the catalytic converter that could get blocked if enough loose material where present. Do you notice considerably less exhaust coming out of the tailpipe? Also, is the exhaust manifold getting both hotter than normal and getting hotter faster? If so, it sure points to exhaust blockage. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al