22r carb electric choke help

i just installed a weber 32/36 for my 94' toyota truck. since my truck was originally an EFI, i dont know where to connect the electric choke wire. anyone with any knowledge about this? thanks

Reply to
kuchinu

The drawing that I have shows it connects to the 7.5 ampere "Charge Fuse" on the side opposite of the Alternator where it feeds the charge light, brake light, etc. This for my '87 4X4.

Reply to
Dumpster

that's probably the best idea...

alternately, you could find any now-unused plug under there that gives 12V when the key is on and doesn't with the key off. It's what I did to run an electric fuel pump on my bro's 84 pickup with a 20R (Guess the previous owner got a good deal on the motor from a Celica)... Actually, I neglected to mention that I put a relay in there so the harness wouldn't cook... found a 12v switched source and ran that 12V to a 3A relay which then turns on the pump. Relays are the deal.

Whenever I go to the junkyard, I try to always leave with a pocketful of relays... usually Bosch, 12V 30A... look in the german cars. They are great relays... and usually just get thrown in the trash... You can use them for anything. They will usually give them to you if you're feeling guilty about just snatching them... I felt guilty at first until I saw how many just get trashed and how useful they are if you have an ounce of brains.

Reply to
Celica Dude