22RE - problem - H2O in #2 cylinder and oil

Has any one had this problem and know how to fix it or what is going on?

I?ve got a 92 pickup with a 22RE motor. I just rebuilt the entire motor (bearings pistons chain head etc). I started the rebuild b/c I was getting H2O out the tail pipe from what I thought was a blown headgasket. I had everything redone and tested; ei the block and head and valves. Now it is all back together and I have the SAME problem........ It is running great no CEL, idles perfect, just I?m getting coolant into the exhaust.

any ideas????????

Reply to
frankzao

"frankzao" wrote: > Has any one had this problem and know how to fix it or what is > going on? > > I've got a 92 pickup with a 22RE motor. I just rebuilt the > entire motor (bearings pistons chain head etc). I started the > rebuild b/c I was getting H2O out the tail pipe from what I > thought was a blown headgasket. I had everything redone and > tested; ei the block and head and valves. Now it is all back > together and I have the SAME problem........ It is running > great no CEL, idles perfect, just I'm getting coolant into the > exhaust. > > any ideas????????

is it a new head casting or reman, if reman may have crack in head, also pull head and look for water marks in cylinder wall. have seen cylinder sleeve cracking. look at intake manifold where water feed is at, possible crack between intake runner and water port. double check cylinder head flatness with a straight egde, last but not least look at timing cover have also seen where loose chain has eaten through cover at water ports and will leak into oiling system. the only real diagnosis is to pull and inspect. good luck.

Reply to
hothead

"hothead" wrote: > is it a new head casting or reman, if reman may have crack in > head, also pull head and look for water marks in cylinder > wall. have seen cylinder sleeve cracking. look at intake > manifold where water feed is at, possible crack between intake > runner and water port. double check cylinder head flatness > with a straight egde, last but not least look at timing cover > have also seen where loose chain has eaten through cover at > water ports and will leak into oiling system. the only real > diagnosis is to pull and inspect. good luck.

The head was tested twice and is good. The block was also tested and is good. One cylinder wall was damaged so I had it resleeved. The timing chain cover was also checked and is good. The only thing left is the intake manifold. The intake manifold looks good. No one can test it, but there are no visable cracks between the intake runner and the water port.

Is it possible one of the water inlets into the manifold has an internal leak?

frankzao

Have you retorqued the head bolts since the rebuild?

Mark

Reply to
Mark and Ellen Smith

"frankzao" wrote: > Has any one had this problem and know how to fix it or what is > going on? > > I've got a 92 pickup with a 22RE motor. I just rebuilt the > entire motor (bearings pistons chain head etc). I started the > rebuild b/c I was getting H2O out the tail pipe from what I > thought was a blown headgasket. I had everything redone and > tested; ei the block and head and valves. Now it is all back > together and I have the SAME problem........ It is running > great no CEL, idles perfect, just I'm getting coolant into the > exhaust. > > any ideas????????

check to make sure you dont have a cooling system hose where a vacuum hose should be, ie recheck vacuum routing. had one in here six months ago that customer had rebuilt and by mistake had croosed a hose.

hothead