22RE Timing Chain Question

Before I put another 22re in my 4runner, I'd like to put a double timing chain/gears on it. The engine is an 85. Can i go into the auto parts store and tell them I have a '78 Hi-lux pickup with a 20R and get the double timing chain that way and have the thing fit? Will this year come with metal guides? Thanks.

Reply to
chuck

I've heard that there is some minor modifications that must be done on the early double-row timing chain kits to get the work on a later 22R or

22RE. One option is to buy a kit from

DOA Racing Engines:

or

LC Engineering: http://207.173.104.234/m1webgear/ProductSearch.aspx?Class=14680