22refi tuneup - sluggish at low rpm, surges

After warming, Its slow and surges as you accelerate, then when it gets up some revs, it goes better. Milage is 22 mpg or so. it runs better when its cold, for a few minutes, then goes a little lean maybe?? when it warms up. It starts good, 85k Vacuum lines ok, Cleaning the ERG valve vacuum modulator filter seemed to help some. Adding fuel injector cleaner to the gas helped a little too, Any other suggestions?? More cleaner?? concentrated?? what type &how much is too concentrated?? Anyhwere else I might look? Thanks for any suggestions

Reply to
Serial # 19781010

I like Chevron Techron FI cleaner - 2 tank fulls seems to do the job. Have you cleaned the throttle body?

Reply to
Wolfgang

I have not cleaned the throttle body, I read somewhere that you have to be careful and not spray carb cleaner on everything?? Whats the best technique on the 22re? spray while running?? anything to avoid??

Reply to
Cregster

Is the fuel filter clean ?

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

new fuel filter about 6k ago when i got it. I think that a clogged filter would make it cut out at WOT/ full throttle? mine revs ok, just kinda stubles and hesitates at lower rpms and seems to generally lack power, but works MUCH better for the 1st few minutes while its still cold, then performance gets worse after it warms up??? so I think its egr or ?? related. Not sure where to look, but I have only used gas additive BG41 stuff, and cleaned the egr vacuum modulator filter, both seemed to help a little bit, maybe my imagination. Maybe I need to do the temp sensor tests, or can I plug off the egr to test or unplug the o2 sensor?? what do those tests tell you if it runs better?? I think its got to be egr or vacuum related, sensors or something, because it runs great for the first few minutes when started cold. Its not undriveable, but something is not letting it run properly when warmed up..... any suggestions???

Reply to
Cregster