3.0 Liter V-6 distributor question

Does anyone know if it is possible to put a 1991 3.0 liter V-6 distributor in a 1993 3.0 liter V-6 engine?

Reply to
Handyman

According to AutoZone, the '91 and the '93 use different distributors.

I checked the 4Runner, 4WD, 3.0L V6.

Go to

You might want to get a second opinion from

Jeff Strickland

fromwww.napaonline.com.

Thanks for looking into this Jeff. I already know the distributor top ends are different, that is why I want to know if they are mechanically swappable. I have a 91 4x4 3.0 V-6 truck with 298,000 miles and just acquired a 93 3.0 engine that I am thinking of rebuilding and putting into my truck. I know the 93 engine uses the smaller diameter spark plug wires and the harness connector on the distributor is different. The timing belt tensioner and anti-knock sensor wire are different as well. Anyway, I wanted to know if the bottom end of the 91 & 93 distributors are mechanically the same and therefore interchangeable. That way I can pull my 91 distributor and put it into the 93 engine, install a 91 knock sensor wire and hopefully have everything plug right in.

Reply to
Handyman

For the engine swap, make sure ALL plugs are the same. I got stuck with useing the same motor two years apart on a MAzda, the bastards swapped some pins around for the electrics. Damn thing cost heaps to get right.

Reply to
Scotty