3.0L Head Gasket Problem

How can I tell if an early 90s 3.0L engine has had the Toyota recall for head gasket replacement? I'd rather not buy one and have it start leaking next week!

Reply to
glenf

Didn't know they had web site that gave info but you can call an 800 #. Or ask to see the receipts -- might have had timing belt and other things done at the same time -- or even a new block or set of heads.

Reply to
Wolfgang

The one I work on HAD the gaskets done, but I had to do it a second time. Heads were flat.. gaskets just decided to fail!

-SP

glenf wrote:

Reply to
speedy