300K miles today!

Just thought I'd brag a little...my 1995 T100 3.4V6 turned over

300,000 miles today. At 250,000 a head gasket blew and both were replaced and a new short block installed, all covered under the factory head gasket recall. Other than that, I've rebuilt the power steering pump, replaced starter contacts twice, replaced the park/neutral switch and that's it. Mobil 1 10W-30 every 7500 miles and a auto trans flush every year. I'm impressed in so many ways with this vehicle and with the local dealership. It still runs great.

Charlie

Reply to
chestand

Do you think it would of went 300K with out the new short block, assumeing the head gasket did not blow?

Reply to
twfsa

That's why we buy Toyotas! My 2004 tacoma has 6k miles right now, hoping for 600k!!!

We'll see

Reply to
Trailswipe

Absolutely. The motor was running well until one Saturday morning the head gasket blew big time. Rough running, vapor pouring from the tailpipe, all the telltale signs. I called the local dealer and they advised me to drive it in carefully - making sure the coolant was full before I started. After a couple of days the service manager called and said that upon teardown, a couple of the cylinders were pitted because of the coolant leaking into them. A day after that, he called and said that because the pitting was a direct result of the blown gasket, they would install a new short block under the recall. I paid approximately $700.00 for associated parts that were replaced as the motor was being reassembled (timing belt, tensioner, gaskets, thermostat, water pump, etc.) Overall, I'm extremely satisfied and Molle Toyota in Kansas City has a customer for life...

Charlie

Reply to
chestand

Reply to
scott and barb
266K on my 91 ext cab 4x4 v6.

The body is rusting a bit now, though.

Reply to
Wize Guy

I have an 89 sr5 4X4 ext cab V6 with 270K. Great truck! Have you had the valves adjusted? If yes, how much did it cost?

Reply to
Keyser Soze

I only only have 245,000 miles on my '84 SR5 Extracab 4x4. Did have to rebuild the tranny at 125,000 miles.

Keyser Soze wrote:

Reply to
Nick

I have 372,876 Km on my 85 4runner. second owner, bought it from my buddy 10 years ago at 240,000km, it needed all the tranny bearings replaced as his wife lugged it in 5th and it was growling. The head gasket blew while he had it. The fuel pump failed after 14 years, the alternator brushed wore out after 15 years, [The starter brushes were like new when I checked them at the same time] . The heater motor brushes were replaced after 15 years, Toyota doesn't sell them but I down-sized a slightly larger pair with a file, carbon files down easily. Rad was replaced 2x., Exhaust system replaced 3 times. Engine has never been rebuilt, get 27 miles / cdn gallon. [40oz cdn, 32oz U.S. = 1 quart a liter is 36oz ] Replace the rusted tail-gate and front fenders 4 years ago.

22RE engine, 5 speed tranny, air conditioning that still works great., still have original front rotors, brake pads replaced every year. Original fuel injectors, change platinum plugs every 5 years, Hand brake cable just rusted thru underneath.. oh well....... Passed the Ontario 'Drive-Clean' test with with lots of room to spare on every test. It's all I ever wanted...even with a little rust.
Reply to
Guylaine J. Parisien