4 cylinder automatics last long?

Hi, I was looking for a used 4 cyclinder pickup 94+ or tacoma and was wondering how the automatics are on these trucks? The trucks in my price range seem to have 110k-160k miles on them, so I'm not sure how much life is left.

I know it varies on usage type, but I wanted to get an idea is it common for them to last say 100k, 120k ,150k, 200k? Maybe someone works at a toyota shop where they have the inside scoop.

If anyone has input on the v6 automatics, that might sway me in the v6 direction although I have ready many stories about v6 blown head gaskets.

Thanks!

-joe

Reply to
g20zoom

I put 242,000 miles on a 92 Saturn with a 4 cylinder. It looked and ran "like a new car" as stated by the dealer when I bought a new Saturn. Change the oil and fluids when you should and take care of it, it'll take care of you! DJ

Reply to
nospam

How long an automatic transmision will last depends on how well it was mantained. It it was serviced regularly it should last the life of the vehicle. Toyota transmisions aren't known for early failure.

Reply to
Mike

I have a '94 4RUNNER V6 4X4 with AUTO transmission. 194,000 miles.

The auto shifts smooth still, when driven smooth!!

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
vktechmails