4-runner Washer Fluid indicator prob

My windshield washer light came on mid-drive and I had been using a bit of washer fluid, do I pressumed I was low. I filled it back up but the light stayed on. Is there a reset function I'm unaware of? I looked it up in the manual and ther's very little info on it. If not, do I need to replace the part or does it sometimes just require cleaning? Is this a difficult thing to do? I'm tired of paying hefty mechanical bills for small problems like these.

Reply to
Mechanic's dream ;)

Are you absolutely 100% positive you filled the windshield washer container? I remember someone's (I think it might have been a volks group) wife had refilled the 'washer fluid' but actually put washer fluid in the coolant.

Other than that, look for a sensor, and try unplugging it and jumpering across the terminals on the wire with a bit of metal.

Reply to
Johann Koenig

Dont forget that there may be two bottles. You do have a rear washer as well dont you?

Make sure that your've filled the correct container as well.

Reply to
Scotty