4Runner dent repair

What is the best way to repair a dent on the rear passenger corner above the tail light? How to pull the dent back out ...

Thanks for any assistance ...

rh

I will use a slide hammer. Thanks to all who responded.

Reply to
rh

Reply to
Wolfgang

When I took a peek at the inside of the paneling I found a welded piece of metal before the outside body metal. Like a support for any crash.

Reply to
rh

How big is the dent?

About 10 years ago, I had my dents push out, by Dent Doctors (that's what they called themselves at the time). They use bent harden rods to push the dents out from the back. For the most part they were worth every penny. They pushed out dents to the point they were not noticeable. Instead of removing covers and panels, they would drill a hole, and plug it with a grommet like plug.

Depending on how big the dent is, you can either try the "Dry Ice Trick" or try to get to the dent from the other side of the support. It's kinda odd the dent were right on the support.

In order to do the "Dry Ice Trick", the temperature needs to be at least 75 deg. F, the hotter the better. Wear thick gloves and/or tongs when handling the dry ice. Touch the dry ice to the dent area and it should pop right out. It works on quarter size dents.

Good Luck! JW

Reply to
Joseph Wind