4Runner Sunroof Glass

Anyone have experience changing the sunroof glass in a 95 Toyota

4Runner? This one is cracked from a baseball landing on it and the local autoglass place directed us to the Toyota dealer. The thought of going there scares the heck out of me though in terms of where the price might go so I thought I'd check here for input. TIA
Reply to
jcage

Replacing the sunroof glass should not be too difficult. Remove the interior trim around the glass panel, unbolt the panel, bolt the new one in.

Reply to
Ray O

I think all of you should not reply if you don't know how to do a job. The sunroof on a 91 goes into the headliner and I would think the headliner would need removed. This guy is asking for help doing it, not opinions on where to go.

Reply to
ed_herman

If you haven't done a specific job, why are you replying to this guy that is asking for help doing it? The sunroof on a 91 goes into the headliner and I would think the headliner needs removed, which I would consider a daunting task.

Reply to
ed_herman

If you haven't done a specific job, why are you replying to this guy that is asking for help doing it? The sunroof on a 91 goes into the headliner and I would think the headliner needs removed, which I would consider a daunting task.

Reply to
ed_herman

If you haven't done a specific job, why are you replying to this guy that is asking for help doing it? The sunroof on a 91 goes into the headliner and I would think the headliner needs removed, which I would consider a daunting task.

Reply to
ed_herman

I have removed and replaced sunroof panels on sliding sunroof panels that retract into the headliner before. Have you?

The headliner does not need to be removed.

Reply to
Ray O

In my limited experience, the sunroof glass is an assembly that includes the glass itself, and a significant frame structure that ties in to the driving mechanism that resides inside the roof itself.

Some have suggested a glass shop can do this repair, or they can order the glass and install it.

You should be able to find the glass panel at a salvage yard for a fraction of the price you will pay a shop. I would have no problem replacing the panel myself, even though I can sit here now and profess that I've never seen one. You might not be as mechanically inclined as I am, therefore you should take the truck to the shop and let somebody else handle the tools and you stick to signing the check.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland