4Runner Vacuum Switching Valve-4wd Problem

I had my 96 (SR5 v6 manual transmission) 4runner diagnosed at the dealer today. THey said the Vacuum switching valve was no longer working and thats the reason my 4w4 will not engage. The switch is located in the engine bay just below the fuse box. The price of the new part is $650CDN from Toyota. Does anyone have a part number for this? I live in Hamilton Ontario....anyone know of a auto wreckers with some 4runners? Any help would be appreciated especially since winter is here and I like the 4wd for safety. Please mail me directly as well snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com thanks, Chad

Reply to
CG

I had a problem that was tracked down to two of the vacuum lines being mixed up. Sorry I cant help with parts in your neighborhood but ebay is another good source for used parts.

-SP

CG wrote:

Reply to
Speedy Pete