5" mudflap clearance

This isn't important, but I'm curious. The Tacoma Prerunner SR5 only has 5" clearance between the front mudflap and the ground. I took it out on a very primitive dirt road and it did fine for a 2WD truck. It sounded like I was tearing up the bottom because the semi-rigid mudflaps scraped over most of the obstacles.

I'm considering using some pliers and bending them up or even cutting them back a little bit. The rear ones are much higher(shorter). I understand the utility of big flaps, but I'm having a hard time ignoring the noise.

Anyone else modified flaps on a 95% highway vehicle?

Reply to
Stumpy

When I see how little spray my Tacoma kicks up on a wet road, I figure the people behind me are happier, so I leave the flaps alone.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom