5000# Fan? MDT Tech

MDT Tech, or anyone that knows: Recently there was a thread about the tow package having a green fan clutch. Where is it green? thanks, bill g

Reply to
bg

Sig226

Look where the hub bolts to the fan idler, you'll want to se egreen. If you see red, keep it to or under 3500. Would you like a TSB on this to help?

Reply to
MDT Tech®

MDT, Umm, err, hub, you mean where the clutch bolts to the water pump? I'm having terminology confusion. Yeah a TSB would be good ;-) Do you need to send it or is it available online? If send, substitute bellsouth.net for hotmail.com in my return address thanks, bill, always able to point out a gromulator to a customer, g

MDT Tech® wrote:

Reply to
bg

Bill, actually, its not the water pump you see, just a fan idler. Water pump is driven by the timing belt. I'll send you the TSB.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Bill, not the fan clutch itself, bu the axle or hub where it bolts up at. I have sent the TSB to you. It appears you may have the 5000# gear already!

Reply to
MDT Tech®

OK MDT, how does the 5000# help with towing capacity? does it make the fan turn faster so the truck doesn't overheat? Flow more air for example?

Reply to
Sig226

Reply to
Sig226

-- "There are three truths: the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." John Allen Muhammad

Reply to
bill g

-- "There are three truths: the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." John Allen Muhammad

Reply to
bill g

Reply to
Sig226

-- "There are three truths: the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." John Allen Muhammad

Reply to
bill g

My guess is it will pull more air at slower speeds. I have a 98 Tacoma any they all came with 5000# clutch fan hubs back then. I assume they dropped it down to increase mileage by reducing some drag. But in reality, once moving beyond a certain speed, the fan is useless.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Sig, if this is a picture of your engine, you are set up for 5000#. See the green part. ;-D

Reply to
MDT Tech®

No, Tacomas with the V6.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

-- "There are three truths: the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." John Allen Muhammad

Reply to
bill g

MDT Tech,

Would you mind sending me the TSB for the upgraded fan clutch? My local dealer is telling me that I can tow 5000# even though I have the orange clutch!! Please send to snipped-for-privacy@cisco.com.