'84 Toyota lift question

My brother and I picked up a couple of Toyota pickups a couple months ago... two are '82s and one is an '84.

One of the '82s had a Skyjacker 3" lift on it, so we took the springs from there and put them onto the '84 (because it's the nicest one). After we were done, we noticed that the truck sits higher on one side in the front (i believe it sits higher on the pass. side, but can't remember for sure).

My bro told me he read that something is (obviously) different between the two trucks as far as how the suspension mounts on the front.

My question is... Is there a company that makes a little tiny spacer that i can put under the leaf spring that makes the thing even on both sides?

Thanks in advance, Jeff

Reply to
Celica Dude

The front spring perches on the Toyota front axle are unequal heights. To prove it to yourself, measure from the ground up to the bottom of each spring up front and you'll notice a difference. While the maginitude of the difference is not all that great (about 3/8") its at the perch, which is about 1/2 way out from the axle center compared to where the wheels are, so that difference is magnified by at least twice, so you can end up with a 3/4" - 1" height difference side to side. Here's a simple fix:

Now, some spring makers do make unequally arched left and right hand springs for the front axle, so make sure you did not interchange the two springs side to side.

Reply to
Roger Brown

The '82 sat evenly with these springs, the '84 doesn't sit evenly... I marked the springs and their direction of installation when i took them off the donor, so i'm assuming they are on the right side. :o)

BTW, thanks Rog, your site is the deal... filled with lots of good stuff!

Reply to
Celica Dude

Man, your shock setup on this page is ridiculously kick-ass!

I have RockShox on my bike, but i didn't realise they made offroad stuff!

Reply to
Celica Dude

Actually, those are Rancho 9000 shocks, I just had the RockShox stickers and put them on instead. I'm not even sure the long RS9000 sticker would even fit on those short auxiliary shock bodies.

Reply to
Roger Brown