86 1 Ton RR Axle Shaft - Needs Replacement

Hi,

Looking for a cross-reference for the right rear axle shaft, part number 42311-35430 (this supercedes 42311-35110). I got this number from the Toyota dealer when they entered the VIN, so it is the right one.

Anyone know of other Toyota vehicles where this is used? Is this a different one than the 1/2 ton pickup? I'm trying to pick up a salvage one, but finding 1 Ton trucks is becoming increasingly difficult. This pickup didn't have the dual wheels, and is a five-lug hub.

Thanks, Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

I've got a 1-ton rear axle from a Toyota Dolphin (mobile home) - rock solid, and I believe it is 6-lug (I rode my motorcycle in to work today).

Sounds like you might have a 1/2-ton axle - but I'm no expert. I could be mistaken.

Picture of my truck here:

the front rotors are 5-lug. Yeap! Toyota built this as a 1/2-ton, but the rear end on this has been turned into a monster! ~Joe
"Kevin" asks...

Reply to
jp2express

There's a lot of information on Toyota PU axles at:

Jeff