91 Previa Oil level sensor

This car has a reservoir motor oil tank. I had the mechanic disconnect 1 wire so it no long overfill oil in the engine block. This wire basically trigger a signal to pump motor oil over to engine compartment.

I notice this,

  1. after right after oil change (3K or 5K mile), oil level light is blinking as I expected due to wire disconnected.
  2. somehow just after couple months of oil change, occasionally the oil level light stays on for couple minutes Not blinking. This car is well maintained, not consume any motor oil.

My question is anything I can do to lubricate this oil sensor or any suggestion.

This car has 185,000 miles.

Reply to
MacRules

do you do your own oil changes or take it some where and have you used the dip stick to check the oil level? might be low. my 92 takes 8 qts for the engine, not including topping off the reservoir from time to time.

Reply to
: P

I have local Midas does the job for me. And I check the dip stick often enough, no oil consumption here.

The sensor is not working properly, I got the quote from dealership, almost over $300 just for parts.

Reply to
MacRules

Yahoo Groups Previa Search files for cleaning oil level float sensor

Reply to
Bill Wolcott

So the trick is take out the sump pan and cleaning up the float and spindle to prevent the sensor from sticking to the pan.

Thanks

Reply to
MacRules