92 4Runner - Rough Idle After Restart

I saw this same issue posted in the archives from 2002 and now I am running into the exact same problem and having difficulty diagnosing the real problem...

"when I first start it in the morning it works fine. After 30 minutes of driving I stop the engine. After I come back (20 min later) I restart the engine. The engine idles very rough. It seems like it wants to die. It idles just above the 500rmp marker".

Has anyone else run into this problem - any suggestions? Thanks -

4RunnerTampa
Reply to
4RunnerTampa

I'm having trouble with the same thing. Strange that it wont set a code.

I'm guessing that the injectors are leaking, since a few seconds at 1500 rpm will clear it out and the idles os OK once again.

Post if you find a better answer.

-Pete

4RunnerTampa wrote:

Reply to