93 4x4 22RE Broken Head Bolt

I was trying to get the engine out and. on advice from this group, decided to remove the head to get at the bellhousing bolts.

The 2 headbolts between the exhaust ports were stuck. I soaked them with PB Blaster, but could not get any into the rear one. After rocking it back and forth, it broke about 1.5 inches below the top of the bolt.

I can't move the rocker arm assembly up at this point, so I must assume the broken top of the bolt is binding the rocker arm assembly, holding it in place. The bolt appears to be case hardened.

If I can get the rocker assembly off, I am sure I can grind off any "stuff" that would keep the head from coming off.

How can I get thie rocker assembly off the head?

Has anybody run into this and rigged a puller, to get it off a broken bolt?

Reply to
Freddy Kruger

scott and barb