94 22RE flat spot

Hi folks -

I've got a '94 pickup with a 22-RE that has a flat spot in throttle response about 2000-2200 rpm. It's been there since I bought the truck (107k, now 185k) but it's been getting worse lately. It's most noticable when the engine is transitioning from cold start to warmed up ... ie as the thermostat is moving up to normal. Any suggestions on where to start looking for the problem?

-jeb

Reply to
JeB

M.Paul

I got the same problem but i don't got the manual can you be more specifics about the position of the lines or can someones knows a place where i can find those diagrams.

Thanks.

Reply to
Evil4Runner

Reply to
M.Paul

did you manage to adjust the TPS on the truck or did you remove it? A quick peek in that region yesterday suggests it might be a bear to work on the thing on the truck.

Reply to
JeB

Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. There's a resistance spec for the device that measures the position of the butterfly valve in the throttle body. I assume that it is the Throttle Position Sensor - maybe it's called something else?. You can adjust/calibrate where the "stop" is - idle position. Then as the butterfly valve is opened (as with accellerator cable) the resistance value of the sensor (potentiometer?) increases. This sensor is pretty much at the front of the throttle body, so it's not difficult to get at. I did not remove the sensor.

Reply to
M.Paul

You've got the terminology correct. A quick glance was all I took and thought it might require removing the TPS to make the adjustment. Apparently not. Thanx for all the feedback.

Reply to
JeB