'94 3.0 V6 4x4 starter removal?

My Toyota pickup (pre-Tacoma early '95, actually) has a dead starter or solenoid... anyway, the starter has to come out. I'm guessing that it's the contacts in the solenoid, but we'll see. Gotta get it out first.

I've got the RF tire off, the inner fender splash shield and starter access panel off, the big hot (battery) wire off, and the mounting bolts out (Whew! Pita!).

What I'm stumped by is the small (starting) wire to the solenoid. How does the right-angle connector come apart? It's probably obvious, but with these new bifocals... ;-(

Also, any hints on what route to use for actually taking the starter out of the chassis? Looks like it may be problematic without breaking some hydraulic connectors loose, or something else... I'd rather not, if at all possible.

At least it had the class to fail in the garage, at home.... ;-) (Nice to find a usenet group that's not blasted by flame wars and off-topic x-posting, BTW.)

Jim, "Entropy never sleeps; do y'all?"

Reply to
Jim