94 4runner rear diff

Well, I decided to take my car to a Jiffy Lube this one time, because I didnt have time to do the oil change. After about a day or so, I started to notice a burnt rubber smell coming from the back of the truck, around the tires. I finally got under the truck, and my rear diff has oil all over it, top to bottom. I ran my finger on it, and it was the burnt smell. Im gonna lift the truck tomorrow morning to make sure they tightened everything back up. If they did, what would of caused this major leak so fast? I was under the truck last week, and it was clean as could be. Anyone know if Jiffy Lube checks diff fluids? Anyway, Im gonna call them up and hound them about it. Any info would be good. Im a little concerned about driving long distances at this point.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

They may have overfilled it and caused the rear end seal to blow when fluid heats up. Might want to see if the fluid originates from the front seal.

Ben

Reply to
Benjamin Lee