95 3.0 4runner Rear Diff

Hi guys

Been offered a 95 3.0 v6 4runner which needs a new rear diff. Don't like the prices that Toyota are quoting here in the UK and can't find a similar one being broken.

Do the rear diff's out of anything else fit?????????????

Help & advice would be appreciated as I'm a total novice as far as these vehicles are concerned. My normal vehicles are American Day Vans or sports type vehicles.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Clivet

Enquire about getting a diff centre sent from Japan or New Zealand / Australia. if its proving very difficult to obtain there. From what Ive heard around the traps Ireland has a lot of 4Runners, try a wrecker there. Make sure you rerplace yoru LSD clutches when ya get one, makes the world of difference.

Reply to
Scotty

Ask on the forums here -

Plenty of Surf and 4Runner (basically the same vehicle) owners there, and they know their stuff. You can also often find people breaking Surfs/4Runners so you may be able to pick a diff up.

Reply to
Slugsie

Thanks for the help guys

Reply to
Clivet

Clivet there are tons of Toyota used parts suppliers and junk/bone/wrecking/salvage/recycling/dismantling/scrap yards in England and nearby as while I was doing a search for USA & Canada ones I came across many UK ones but I only saved this in my computer favourite folder:

A1 Jap Spares Mill Lan Failsworth Manchester M35 0BJ United Kingdom Ph:+44 (0)161 682 2221 Fax:+44 (0)161 688 8288

just do a Google search with words like "Toyota junk yard" and such.

Sidney=AE =99 Repairs tv's,vcr's,home/car audio out of my home E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

1985 Toyota 4-Runner,solid front straight axle,factory cruise control,sunroof,22R-E,W56,RN60LV-MSEK,rusted rear step/towing chrome bumper with 251 000 KM
Reply to
sidneybek