'95 pickup Front shock absorber

My '95 pickup front shock is leaking. I try to order a pair of shocks for replacement. I looked at my FSM and Haynes manul. It seems prety easy to replace them. The shock is kind of different. It's more like a cylinder. Does anything have done this kind of replacement? Anything i should look into and for?? What kind of shock has the great deal to order?? I try to order KYB shocks; but the website's shock picture look like regular shocks, not like a cylinder. Any info is appreciated. Matt

Reply to
Matt

i would highly recommend replacing all 4 shocks.....

i have the same truck and replaced the factory shocks last year (approx 120K miles) with some Bilsteins (219.00 from

and had them installed locally for about 50 bucks (all four).... They are relatively easy to replace, but the shop did all four in under an hour....

The truck really likes those Bilsteins.... it feels and handles WAY better than when the original shocks were new.

Sam

Reply to
smarsh

Most shocks come with a rock/dust shield for the shock. Your's apparently didn't. That's why they look different. The dust covers shouldn't be a problem, my '94 2wd has them.

Reply to
JeB