96 4Runner Clutch brand?

HI.. My clutch went on my 96 4runner.. looking on ebay for clutch kits, what are good replacement brands or what should I stay away from?

OR should I just bit the bullet and go to my Toyota dealer and get their clutch? please help~!!!! thanks

Reply to
spunkyman

Ten years on the original clutch - what do you think?

Some of the aftermarket clutches are unacceptably stiff for daily drivers. If your use is hi-po or heavy off road, consider an aftermarket; else put in what it came with.

My two cents...

Reply to
Mike Harris

Years mean nothing... how many miles?? I inherited a 10 year old S-10 with with 82,000 miles on it in 2000, another 4 years and 100,000 miles later, it got a new clutch. It now has almost 230,000 miles on it, and my 2005 Tundra has 50,000 miles on it already(18 months old).

Carquest has some decent quality clutch kits at reasonable prices for most any application.

Reply to
Noon-Air

If your going to buy Toyota clutch, buy the TRD upgrade. The stock disc alone is about $300 and throw-out bearing and pilot bearing $100. For little more, the complete TRD kit with pressure plate, disc, bearing and flywheel is about $579.

Or you can go the CenterForce route for about the same price as Stock.

BTW the Dealer will charge you about $900 for LABOR, plus the price of the parts. Don't forget to replace the rear seal while doing the clutch replacement.

Good Luck!!!

Reply to
Joseph Wind