97 Land Cruiser Engine Whine

My wife just bought a 97 TLC and it has a distinct engine whine. The noise seems to come from the front of the engine.

Is this normal?

Thanks, Dan.

Reply to
Dan Sanders

97 Land Cruiser came in two body styles, three wheelbases, about seven engine choices plus commercial versions etc etc. A clue as to which machine you refer to might help get the ball rolling although I can say that whines are generally not normal on any vehicle these days. May be viscous fan if it happens for first two minutes of road use and then stops.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

It has a 4.5 L inline 6 cyl. with 89K. Auto. It's not the anniversary model.

Reply to
Dan Sanders