'98 4Runner Rear Window

A few days ago my rear window just stopped working out of nowhere. I don't use it that often and think that might have had something to do with it not working. I tried the rear key switch and the inside switch, but both produce the same results, nothing. It doesn't even sound like the motor is trying to move. My '92 4runner also had problems with the rear window. Is this common?

Thanks,

Bulldog

Reply to
Bulldog

use it that often and think that might have had something to do with it not working. I tried the rear key switch and the inside switch, but both produce the same results, nothing. It doesn't even sound like the motor is trying to move. My '92 4runner also had problems with the rear window. Is this common?

I have information on troubleshooting rear window problems on the 1st and 2nd gen 4Runners on my page, below:

3rd gens are probably somewhat similar, check the rear wiper, make sure its fully retracted, a very common cause of problems.
Reply to
Roger Brown