98 Tacoma Brakes

I have to do the front brake pads on my Tacoma 4x4 with the 2.7L. The rotors look great so I just want to do the pads. Should I get Toyota pads or is there another brand that is either better, cheaper or last longer? I got the truck used with 30,000 miles and now it has 65,000. How long do brakes last on this truck? I am wondering if this is the first brake job.

Reply to
Chris

oem pads work best.

"oem replacements" will not be as good as oem.

you could buy better pads, but that will cost you more. are you going racing ??

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Performance Friction brake pads, part# 4334 at Auto Zone. They come with a lifetime warranty, and they are much better than OEM pads.

Reply to
Rad

snipped-for-privacy@MTtestdriver.com (Rad) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

How's the dust?

Reply to
MLB

They're about as bad as OE pads, dustwise. Their excellence lies in their superior friction though. They really put down some whoa-forces when they get warmed up.

Reply to
Rad

Get the Toyota pads. I have found that many of the "replacement" pads made by other manufacturers don't always fit. I've had to return them and get others cause the holes or notches wouldn't line up by just a fraction of a millimeter. For the extra five or ten bucks, i always go with the Toyota brand now.

Postee

Reply to
postee