98 tacoma rear end wind up

please look at the link below to see the problem please e-mail me if you have any ideas.

wiz706

1998 Toyota Tacoma extra cab 2.7l 4x4 automatic
Reply to
wizard

Hi, I have a 98 Prerunner 2.7 auto and a 2000 Prerunner 3.4 auto. Both have had the rear end wind up since new. I have talked to alot of techs in the Toyota garage many time about this condition. There appears to be no fix. Lubing the shaft helps for few hundred miles and it comes back . The 98 has 110,000 miles now and is no better or worse than it was when it was new. The 2000 at 60,000 is the same. I wish sombody would come up with a solution . It is annoying but does not seem to do any damage. Let me know if you hear anything. Scott

Reply to
zonie

i'm going to try the add a leaves this weekend and will let you know.. I think its because of the rear springs are a factory to weak

wizard

Reply to
wizard

Lift blocks *always* make axle wrap worse, they increase the leverage that the axle has on the springs by increasing the moment arm.

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown