98 tacoma whistle noise after throttle body cleaning

I just recovered my 98 tacoma from my college age daughter. After a thorough cleaning and tune up I decided to clean the throttle body (105,000 miles) Once that was done I started the engine, the idle was a little higher but there is now a loud whistle type of noise from the throttle body area. I've done this procedure before and never encountered such a thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
mick.gillespie

Mick,

More than likely your solvent cracked the gasket at the throttle body. Check all your hoses and replace the gasket and the noise should go away.

Good Luck..

Reply to
Tony

Yep, the whistle is an air leak. Gott'a be fixed.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton