99 Taco: replace dash light?

Greetings, All -

The light behind the heater controls in my 99 Taco just went out. How do I get back there to replace it? Tear the whole mid section of the dash out? Is it even worth all that trouble?

thanx-

~s

Reply to
Steve Roberts

It's very easy to get the dash trim panel that covers that area out. You can find instructions for it various places online or in the Haynes manual. You have to do this to swap out the stereo, so lots of people have posted instructions.

Once you're in there, you might have to fool with the HVAC box and try to find where the light goes in. Actually, looking at this:

It appears that the light bulb is immediately accessible when you pull off the HVAC faceplate, which is something you can do with a small screwdriver and a little care. Anyway, I don't think you'll have a problem.

Dreamer