99Tacoma MPG

My 99 Tacoma 2.4 L automatic gets around 15 mpg in town with air on. Has 59K on the clock. Is this normal ?? Have owned since March. Purchased from Dealer. Truck was "Certified" by Toyota. Looks like "Brandnew" under the hood.

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

I have an 03 2.7L and I get 21mpg give or take, around the city. No A/C.

Reply to
Brad

I have a '99 PreRunner std. cab with a 2.7 L. 64k, Owned for 1 month and getting 18 mpg around town.

Reply to
Joey

For what it's worth, 18 MPG sounds about right. I've got a '99 4x4 with the V-6 and TRD package and I get about 18 MPG in the Florida heat whether the A/C is on or off (ditto for highway or city). By the way, my BFG All Terrains get about 1 MPG better than the Goodyear Wranglers that came stock.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan Strom

My 96 4x4, X-cab, V6 with 148k miles on the clock is getting 18-19 mpg running the ac constantly. Gas grade has had no effect on it, but add a bottle of FI cleaner and it shoots to 21 mpg on that tank. Now I just have to figure out the "special ingredient" in the cleaner thats gives me the magical 2 mpg boost!

Reply to
Bard

I have an 03 x-cab with the 2.7 and just over 1k miles now. With a mix of highway commuting - anywhere from 70 to 0 mph - and local driving, mostly with the AC on for the month of August, I'm averaging 23 mpg.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Leonard