A quick question about matching paint.

I have a major ding on the hood of my new 04 Tacoma. It's silver (isn't everyones?) How do I go about repairing it. Do I go to the dealer to get a match for the paint, or what? It looks like the paint is down to black underneath the ding, chip, or whatever you call it. When we have had other trucks, they gave a small bottle of matching paint. Is that available from the dealer with the 2004 Tacomas? TIA

-- Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

The touch up should be availabe at the dealer, make sure you shake it real gooooooooood.

Silver is a bitch to match, because of the metalic. Some times the touch up is worst looking than the ding!

Reply to
tflfb

. . ======== ======== snipped-for-privacy@inreachnogarbage.com (Cheri)

I have a major ding on the hood of my new 04 Tacoma. It's silver (isn't everyones?) How do I go about repairing it. Do I go to the dealer to get a match for the paint, or what? It looks like the paint is down to black underneath the ding, chip, or whatever you call it. When we have had other trucks, they gave a small bottle of matching paint.

Is that available from the dealer with the 2004 Tacomas? TIA

Reply to
Marsh Monster

AutoZone, Duplicolor touch up. Get the paint code from the plate under the hood. Or:

HachiRoku

Registered User

You can get a small t/u bottle from the dealer. If the sheet metal is dented you should get it sucked out by a shop that does paintless dent removal. It'll run you about $75. I had a small dent on my hood once but couldn't let it go b/c it was right in front of me every time I got behind the wheel - that bugged me. It was worth every penny to get it fixed, esp since my truck was new like yours when I had it fixed. Slik

Reply to
slikrikd

Thanks, that's just what I needed. Went there and got it.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri