AC blinking light

Hi all, I have a 1991 2X4 extended cab with 4 cyl engine. Yesterday the air conditioner light (on the button you push) started blinking on and off in a random manner. It seems like the air is remaining cold and the fan works fine on all settings. When it's blinking there does not seem to be any change in the rpm's (as if the AC is cutting on and off). Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks H-S-F

Reply to
help-slip-franklin

I suspect you need AC service. My guess is the refridgerant is running low. I'm not sure, but I think your '91 will have R12, which will require you to visit an AC service shop. It the truck takes R134a, then you can buy a can of stuff and the necessary guage and fittings for about $20 and perhaps fix this yourself.

Your system has a high pressure and a low pressure sensor. If either sensor is triggered by a fault condition, the AC can let you know by blilnking the light.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland