AC Problem continued from previous post

It is not icing up. I have turned the AC off and on when it quits working numerous times. I recently drive over 1000 miles and tried several trouble-shooting methods. During one leg of my trip, when the AC stopped working I turned the AC off for 100 miles. Turned it back on and got nothing.

But when I stop the car, turn off the engine and let it COOL for about 1.5 hours. It then works great for about an hour.

I cleaned the evaporator and checked the drain. The freon was recently charged and checked again.

Reply to
ag2

I guess all that leaves are the metering device and condenser. I'd find out if you have cap tubes or a TXV(could be sticking). If there's a high/lo pressure cutoff, it could be temporarily bypassed to see if the problem remains. Also, an AC clutch problem could be the problem. Just guessing here, I usually work on residential AC's not automotive though. Don't worry though, eventually i'll break completely and then you'll find the problem. :)

Reply to
chuck