Advice on shocks?

Guys, have a 97 Tacoma 2WD with stock shocks after 100k miles and was wanting to see if getting different shocks would give a little softer/smoother ride. Don't get me wrong though, the ride as it is, is not that rough. I have heard good info about the Bilstien's for the TRD's and 4x4's but what about for the 2wd'ers. Would that make it rougher? Or are new stock ones the way to go?

Appreciate any feedback, thanks

Reply to
jdsuowner

I have a set of KYB Gas-Adjust on mine. They are good on the freeways and off road.

Reply to
Eddie

Hey! I've got a set of Rancho RS9000's on an 86 pickup and like them a lot. It's the "in cab" 9 position adjustable shock system. Off road I stiffen them up. On the highway I adjust them back a bit. They replaced some RS5000's that were way too stiff for around town.

Reply to
William J. Brown

OH! Almost forgot - While your at it replace your Steering Stabilizer with something of equal quality. Bill

Reply to
William J. Brown

Reply to
jdsuowner

My TRD came with Bilstein shocks.

Reply to
B a r r y

I'd had shocks fail and the result was a very harsh ride. I've also had shocks fail and the result was a very spongy ride. At 100k, you're due.

I like Bilstein shocks a lot, but they may be a bit stiffer than you like. Monroe Sensatrac are OK, and good riding. The Tokiko standard shocks might be OK.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Tokico is the OEM brand. I went with KYB Gas-a-just and happy with them over the OEM ones.

Reply to
Wolfgang

If you want smoother softer, put a few bags of sand in the bed.

Reply to
ww