Aftermarket Accessories.....?

Ok.... POLL TIME!!!!

What is the best place on the net to by aftermarket Toyota accessories (i.e. bed extenders, step bars, etc.)?

Reply to
Raksashan

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:02:51 -0800, "Raksashan" found these unused words floating about:

Different places have different deals for the same major branded accessories at differing times.

I saved nearly $100 by buying my BedRug from Georgia (even with shipping!) over any deal in the southwest.

Sometimes you can get a 'deal' by buying bits from a new purchase. E.G. I took off the bed extender from my 2002 Tacoma. Didn't want it, but it was "On Truck" when bought. Hanging in the garage, just 'in case'. Should someone local mention they wanted one, I'd sell it at 1/2 the dealer.

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

Haven't bought anything for my Tundra yet, but I found all the aftermarket stuff for my (now retired) Mazda truck on eBay.

-Cyberbilly

Reply to
Cyberbilly

There are quite a few discount retail web sites around for aftermarket parts. When buying aftermarket parts one of the important things to remember is if you're buying a high ticket item it is probably better to buy from a known manufacturer. This will, hopefully, insure that you get a sound part and the manufacturer is the entity that is going to warrantee the part if there are any problems. These smaller lessor known mfrs. sometimes have hairy little details to their warrantees. This group is an excellent place to ask for info about manufacturers. Post a message and you'll get some helpful responses.

As far as buying over eBay, you can get some great deals. I have bought quite a few things there myself, but be careful what you buy and who from. Many people selling "new" items over eBay are selling factory seconds and re-furbished return items (according to the rumor mill there are even some very well known internet retailers doing this from what I'm told). This is how some of the eBay sellers can sell stuff so cheap. Also, a lot of these items are sold without any type of warrantee back-up. A manufacturer will not necessarily warrantee a part just because it supposedly made it. You sometimes need the help of a recognized re-seller to make it happen. Finally, beware of knock-offs.

Now this may get me in trouble for mentioning it but a couple of freinds of mine opened a web site selling discounted aftermarket parts at

hey there

I have used

G-Man

Reply to