Aftermarket Bumper for a Tundra

Well, my '06 Tundra already has a mysterious dent in the rear bumper. My guess is that the metal is about 40% the thickness of my '90 Chevy's factory bumper. Since I do four wheel in the Sierra Nevada, and solo off-roading in a LWB rig sometimes requires backing up until you bump the tree or whatever (that's why they're called "bumpers"), I'm thinking of options.

  1. Is there an aftermarket "Barden" type bumper that will follow the OEM contours?
  2. Is the color matched bumper from a Limited painted metal or plastic like my existing front bumper? I know the plastic bumper covers can scratch and stuff, but it may give a bit more without denting.

I'm not a big fan of tube bumpers where you see the OEM contours for the OEM bumper.

Thanks for any ideas,

Curtis

Reply to
CJ