Aftermarket keyless entry for 96 4runner

does anyone out there have any experiences (good or bad) with an aftermarket keyless entry product? I would like to have one installed on my 96 4runner and would like to know what to look out for and how much I should expect to pay? are there better brands than others or are they all pretty much the same?

any and all info appreciated.

TB in Austin

Reply to
T.B.

ok, i've done a little more research and think that I've figured out that I need a Fujitsu VIP RS3000 alarm system but can't find one for a 1996 anywhere.

can someone point me in the right direction. google came up with some stuff, but all for later years.

Reply to
T.B.

Ok. Dude. I install alarm systems and keyless entry and suches for all kinda cars..... you did not provide enough information for me though... does your car already have power door locks? if it does, it will be easy.. if you dont, you gotta install acautors.... they can sometimes be a pain. email me - snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com with your questions... i am personaly a viper fan so i suggest getting a directected electronics viper keyless entry system, they are very reliable.

Reply to
ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe

My kid had one installed into an '02 PreRunner. I think she paid about $150, and got two key fobs, and two solenoids for the doors.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Related question for a BMW.

My '94 325i has electric door locks. When locking either door with the key, the other door also locks, along with the trunk, gas tank and glove box. My car is supposed to be wired for a BMW alarm system. I;m not so interested in an alarm as I am interested in a push button to lock and unlock the doors and arm the ignition bypass system. Do you work with the wiring and controler that my car already has, or do you ignore it and start over?

I'd like to press a button to lock and unlock the doors, and have all of the BMW starter bypass stuff work properly. What price range should I expect to be in for such a system? And, are you near San Diego?

"ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I do already have power locks so I guess that's good. Where can I purchase a Viper kit for my truck? Links?

thanks for the help, TB in Austin

Reply to
T.B.