Aftermarket part question

I am looking for a good retailer of aftermarket parts for an 86-87 toyota 4 wheel drive. ie. front sway bar bushings, front turn signals, maybe some bucket seats, sliding rear windows, etc...

thank you

Bill

Reply to
Anonymous

Bill, I don't know if you're the thrifty type, but I am and I thought I might offer the experience ive had with my '86 toy pickup 4x4. Through the years of having to replace worn down parts, I have learned that junkyards are some of the best places to get some of this stuff...like blinker lights and bucket seats, for example. This may not be the right choice for you, since most junkyards are pick and pull (do the work yourself), but I have saved a lot of money doing things this way. Right now I have later model 4 runner buckets in my pickup that I got out of a smashed runner, and they are great...not to mention a few $100 savings in my pocket. Ive seen a lot of Toy enthuiasts get these used buckets and then recover them. A friend of mine bought neoprene Toyota seatcovers for her 64 cruiser. Sometimes I've had to go directly to Toyota for those hard to find parts. Aftermarket parts can be harder to find for the pre-Taco pickups, but there are options available. Try

order catalogs may be another option. Lisa, Colorado

Reply to
LisalouLiLRed

thanks lisa, i have checked most of the yards around here (east TN) and they have been picked over pretty well....this is after all some of the best 4 wheelin country around this area. I guess i will just have to keep lookin.

Bill -The Psycho car hauler-

Reply to
Anonymous

Sorry Bill! I didn't realize you guys had such a shortage over there. Here in CO, we have import junkyards and yards that deal especially with Toyotas. At the yard I go to, I tell them I need something off of an 85-86-87 Toyota truck and they point me to a whole pile of them! Its actually pretty nice! I've seen some great retail magazines, but I don't remember what they were called...I don't order out of them because I can get brand new parts at cost, my brother is a mechanic. Well, good luck. If I were you, id try to make friends with the yard men and see if they won't give you a ring when they get in any Toyota pickups. :-)

Lisa

Reply to
LisalouLiLRed

Where in Colorado?

Reply to
Brad Taylor

I just noticed that the last part of your name is "LiLRed". I call my truck Lil'Red also. Although it is thw 1984 wine color. It is a kind of dark red with a few layers of dirt on it.

Reply to
Brad Taylor

My truck is "Old Gray", but from the front of the bed to the tailgate, it's named "Rusty" ... :>))

Reply to
TOM

LOL..yeah, my truck has always been little red. She used to be the stock Toyota red color, but since then I have repainted her a candy apple red color. Of course the red color is always mixed with brown splatter marks..mud rocks. My friends and relatives with big trucks always ask me if I feed my truck if it will grow up..hence she assumed the name "little red".

I am from Littleton, Colorado...but currently I live in Fort Collins, Colorado attending college here.

In case you're interested, the yard I go to is "Eurasian" and is located in Englewood.

:-)

Lisa

Reply to
LisalouLiLRed

Ol' Grusty? :o)

Reply to
Brad Taylor

Do they have web site?

I just moved somebody up to Fort Collins in December. Nice place. Altho, some parts of it are too close to the cattle yard.

Reply to
Brad Taylor

By jove, I think he's got it!!! :>))

Reply to
TOM

I worked on the printing equipment at CSU (same building as the radio station). Being a train buff, my favorite part was the trains in the middle of S. Mason St. (I believe)... :>))

Reply to
TOM

I don't believe Eurasian has a website...they are just a bunch of gearhead junkyard guys, and I think the business is locally owned and is fairly small. They do have a phone number though, and I'll do my best to get that to you..however I cant at the moment, I am at work.

Yeah, Fort Collins is okay. I think the cattle smell you encountered was wafting over from Greeley...the wind hits just right and the whole town smells like a slaughterhouse. Ill be going back to Denver as soon as I can, my heart (and my family) is there.

And Tom, you're right about the trains. The big trains always come right through Collins on the way to Denver, and run right along Mason Street, crossing all of the big streets. A lot of cars get hit by trains around here...a lot of streets dont have crossing guards and people are pretty dense and forget to look both ways.

Reply to
LisalouLiLRed

I just got back from a trip to Houston and on the way back I had a chance to stop in W. Baton Rouge, la at a junkyard I noticed while passing by on I-10. They had a huge(roughly 1200) selection of vehicles, but I only managed to find 2 toyota pickups one was an 86

4wd that had been comletely gutted ( right down to the windshield trim and screws for the doors ), the other was an 89 4wd with the cab, windhield and bed still on, but that was it.....BTW the bed was in pretty good condition. I aked the guy on the way out about toy 4wd's, he pretty much laughed me out the door hollaring something about how the toy 4wd's are there for less then 2 days before they are picked clean.......anyway, the search is still on......

Lisa, I was out in Steamboat last September, my first time, and must say i fell in love with the area......you are very fortunite to live in such a beautiful part of this country.....

Bill

Reply to
Anonymous