air cleaner assembly removal

I have a 1999 Tacoma 4 cyl and need to clean the throttle body with carberator cleaner to eliminate accelerator pedal sticking. However, to do that I have to get the air cleaner assembly off. I've loosened the hoses but I can't remove the remove the air cleaner assembly. Anyone got some tips? It has a 'black metal box' that is attached to the engine and I can't see where to remove it. Your help is appreciated.

Reply to
LO

That's a real nice design, isn't it. The "black metal box" is bolted to the engine with two bolts. The bolts are located underneath the box. You have to reach down under the box and locate the bolts by feel. Once you locate them it's not hard to get a socket on them.

Reply to
Mike

whts the black box for ho does it help with performance how often should u clean the throteal body

BAIN15

Reply to
dan baker

BAIN15