Air Suction & EGR removal

Will I have any problems if I remove the Air suction and EGR on a 86 22R carbed Planning on just blocking them off with plates?

I'm no expert, but the EGR is used to reduce smog by lowering the temp of the burning charge in the cylinder. You may need to step up a grade in gasoline octane-wise to prevent pinging. If you have to pass a smog test, leave it hooked up.

Reply to
max-income

I hope you plan to vent the crankcase somehow. Otherwise it will make it's own ventilation by blowing out some seals!

Reply to
Bard

isn't that what the pcv system is for?

Doh! Yeah, I'm a doofus. I read EGR and thought PCV!

Reply to
Bard

So it shouldnt really change driveability?

Sorry, I don't know how the 86 will react. Why do you want to remove it?

Reply to
Bard

just seems like the air suction is a lot of b.s. for nothing really...im having second thought about the egr though

while i'm on the subject... do i need to pull this tranny out before i try to drop this long block in or do you think i can line up the clutch with the tranny in? anybody have any input on this?

86 22R carb manual trans AC