Any dry cell batteries fit a 2004 4Runner?

Hey guys, I've been straining the brain thinking of what to get my dad for Christmas. I figured one of those dry-cell batteries would be nice, but Optima nor Exide (Orbital) batts will fit, or at least not according to their application guides.

Anybody here have firsthand experience?

Reply to
Miki Kanazawa

Go the Optima and a new battery tray. Are you aware that the Optimas are very capable at being used on thier sides if room is at an issue. Give it a go eh.

Reply to
Scotty

Optima and Orbital batteries are not dry cells. They are absorption glass mat (AGM).

The Optima red-top 34R has the terminals reversed from the usual #34.

Spacers and hold-downs are available from Optima.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton