anyone?

98 taco 3.4l 4x4
Reply to
RedForeman ©®

yes. I have replaced an AC clutch

Reply to
qslim

|| yes. I have replaced an AC clutch

Wow... thanks alot.... that was so helpful, I can't wait to go home and try it...

Reply to
RedForeman ©®

Yeah, well I'm a helpful kind of dude. What's up? Do you have a specific question about it?

Reply to
qslim

|| Yeah, well I'm a helpful kind of dude. What's up? Do you have a || specific question about it?

Is there a way to fix/repair it? I've been lucky and able to put bearings in my alternator, saved $200, not sure if I can get lucky this time, as I've never had to fool with an A/C Clutch, just a fan clutch and are they similar, nearly identical?

I know it's bad, theres a few ppl that say it requires a special tool for removal and installation, I figure it's just a pulley, yank it and replace... true?

Why is it so hard to find, meaning, the ONLY place to get one is toyota.... $300

Reply to
RedForeman ©®

Its really not that tough. Some do require a special tool if you don't have an impact wrench and are good with it. But yeah, its a magnetic clutch, pretty simple. Remove the compressor, remove the 14mm/17mm compressor shaft bolt, slide the clutch assy off, slide the new one on, and be done. I'll send you factory instructions if you want to try it.

Reply to
qslim

|| Its really not that tough. Some do require a special tool if you || don't have an impact wrench and are good with it. But yeah, its a || magnetic clutch, pretty simple. Remove the compressor, remove the || 14mm/17mm compressor shaft bolt, slide the clutch assy off, slide || the new one on, and be done. I'll send you factory instructions if || you want to try it.

Did it this weekend, didn't have to take it off, just replaced the compressor... clutch was good, it was removed from the old one and kept just in case....

thanks.

Reply to
RedForeman ©®