ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO CHANGE A CABIN AIR FILTER ON A 2005 TUNDRA?

im getting this horrible smell coming from the vents when i turn the ac on , so i figured its the cabin air filter that needs to be replaced, but i cant locate the dam thing!

can anyone help?!

Reply to
Jett81

Try fleetfilter.com Good Luck, Stay Kool...

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

On a 05/06 tacoma they have a place for a cabin air filter, but not filter. It's behind the glove box. You open the glove box, ( remove all the crap or it may end up on the floor ) push the sides in and the front of the glove box drops to the ground. The air filter area is then accessible.

Not sure if any of that is aplicable to the bigger, brother.

If it's a 'horible' smell... I bet a mouse or something got in there and died.... ;(

Reply to
Jack Snodgrass

posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

If it has one look in the manual. But I bet the smell is coming from the evaporator coil - moisture sitting on it does it. A disinfectant must be applied.

Reply to
Tekkie®