Auto Timing Advance on 3VZ-E

When the engine revs, how much should the timing advance on a 3VZ-E motor? Mine really takes off, maybe an additional 15-25°, beyond the 8° BTDC it is set to at idle. That seems extreme.

Is this much ignition advance normal? What control's this? The ECU, I would guess. I there a way to make sure the ignition advance system is working properly?

Thanks,

Luther

Reply to
Luther