awesome

about two weeks ago i bought a 1995 toyota tacoma. my last car was a 1988 ford tempo. the headlights work, the radio works, it idles without stalling, awesome. awesome alfred klek

Reply to
Alfred Klek

I have a '98, and I like it a lot, even if it rides like a car on a truck chassis. FWIW- I did a lot of US domestic traveling in the late '90s. By far the WORST rentals I had were by Ford (Contours, Escort, Mustang-- though I suspect a bit of rental-car thrashing on the last one). Mazda Protege was decent, and I once had a Volvo wagon which was very nice (as one would hopefully expect), but by far the best one I had was a Toyota Camry. Even with the 4-banger, it was quick (had it up into triple digits on the highway), nimble for a car its size and had decent handling (took it out on some crappy, extremely curvy mountain roads. I almost actually went for a Camry instead of a 4x4 Tacoma, but then thought that I had never had a truck and it would be useful. It is, and I use it even living in the CA Bay Area, despite being surrounded by anti-truck and SUV idiots. Yeah, let's see YOU haul 12 bales of hay in your Prius!

Reply to
zach